Swiftcurrent Creek you're a sunflower
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
His lips turned downward in a frown as Ruenna backed away from him, feeling the rush of cold fill the space and shiver across his side. He longed to move closer again, to wrap himself in the warmth she provided, but... if she did not desire to be beside him, he would not push it. When the girl peered anxiously around in search of others, Soltero's frowned deepened a touch, a spark of dejection lighting in his eyes; was she embarrassed to relish in his company? Were his thoughts steering away from the track she'd set up for them? Perhaps he'd imagined she thought of him as anything... anything other than a friend. If he'd known her thoughts, known that she was avoiding competition, he would have assured her than none fought over his attention - from what he'd observed, Constantine and Kavik appeared to be far more desirable. Perhaps even Ruenna thought higher of them over himself.

"...It doesn't," came his murmur of agreement, fighting not to be swept away in his melancholy thoughts. "I don't know what the situation between Durnehviir and Constantine is, but I agree, a decision should be made... T-the longer they stay silent, the more confusing it all becomes..." True enough, but harder to be carried out, in reality. Relationships seemed to be all sorts of baffling. "The alphas may be taken, but the women still want them." Another sigh tipped from his muzzle, squinting against a soft beam of light that filtered in through the canopy above - why did they bother to seek out those who already had a mate, rather than find someone in the same situation as themselves? 

This was another reason for him to revert to his travelling days, but he'd made the decision to give up and join the stability of a pack - to gain friendships and secure his life during the rough winter. Now, he couldn't bring himself to depart. "Talos... she's so young. She never deserved to be caught up in such a mess." None of those children did, but there was nothing the beta could do to change it, nor did he desire to risk challenging Constantine with a petty arguement. Arguements never solved anything.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
Messages In This Thread
you're a sunflower - by Soltero - January 23, 2019, 11:49 AM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Ruenna - January 23, 2019, 06:36 PM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Soltero - January 24, 2019, 11:18 AM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Ruenna - January 28, 2019, 10:28 AM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Soltero - January 29, 2019, 11:27 AM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Ruenna - January 29, 2019, 12:49 PM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Soltero - January 29, 2019, 01:51 PM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Ruenna - January 29, 2019, 03:24 PM