Sun Mote Copse Why don't we just relax and turn on the radio? Would you like AM or FM?
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Her first reaction to Kiwi's outburst was to blink, taken aback. She had expected some concerns, though not a tantrum, not from her newly selected Regent. Wildfire experienced a brief twinge of anger at the childishness of it, though it was quickly subsumed by her more characteristic empathetic nature. Of course, it was absurd to frame the new children as replacing the old ones and she hadn't expected that rebuttal from an adult. But Kiwi was a young adult and no matter how much she grew, how esteemed she became, she was still very much Wildfire's baby.

For a moment, she considered fondly scoffing at the allegation, though Wildfire opted to go the route of sincerity. "Kiwi," the Sovereign said firmly, "I am not replacing you." She paused for a long beat, wanting to make sure that sunk in before she continued. She made a point to catch Kiwi's eye, noting the shimmer of tears there. This softened Wildfire even more. "How could you think that? No, that's not the case at all. My love is not finite. I love you fiercely and I always will, no matter how many brothers and sisters you do or don't have."

She let out a breath, considered making the point that it wasn't Kiwi's decision to make and then erred against it. Instead, Wildfire said in a gentle, patient voice, "I didn't say there was anything wrong with being raised in Drageda. I didn't mean to imply it either. I'm sorry if it came across that way. What I meant was that I feel much more like myself here than I ever did in Drageda. It will be a new experience for me to raise children in a culture not focused on fighting wars, one that doesn't subscribe to the concept of natrona, that sort of thing.

Our laws here are very different from Drageda's in a lot of ways, though I haven't shunned that part of our history. For instance, we don't have Drakru, yet we promote trades, just like we did there. I swear, Kiwi, I'm not turning my back on you or where we came from before,"
Wildfire concluded.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Why don't we just relax and turn on the radio? Would you like AM or FM? - by Wildfire - January 24, 2019, 10:23 PM