Sun Mote Copse Why don't we just relax and turn on the radio? Would you like AM or FM?
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
When Kiwi clarified, a genuinely hurt expression took over Wildfire's face. "How could you think that?" It hit a tender spot of her own and the Sovereign found herself fighting the urge to cry too. She couldn't speak for a moment. In any case, the Sovereign didn't know what else to say beyond that. She'd said quite a lot already.

Kiwi threw another hurtful comment out there and still Wildfire made no reply, her throat officially clicking with each swallow. It was up to Kiwi how much she wanted to embrace her younger half-siblings. Wildfire wasn't going to force anything on her. When the new Regent apologized, the redhead nodded slowly to acknowledge it.

She finally spoke, explaining her momentary silence in a soft voice, "That really hurt my feelings." She wanted to be frank with the girl. Kiwi was her second-in-command now, a decision she stood by firmly despite her daughter's unexpectedly painful reaction to her pregnancy. Wildfire swallowed thickly. "I hope so. We can talk more about this later."

She took a moment to gather herself, steadying herself with a few deep breaths. "I was going to howl to announce it," Wildfire said. "Your new title, I mean. I was hoping we could announce it together."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Why don't we just relax and turn on the radio? Would you like AM or FM? - by Wildfire - January 25, 2019, 09:21 AM