Lost Creek Hollow 'cause i know i had it all on the line
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
/cameo *cackles*

They had indeed discussed Rannoch's return to leadership at length. Liffey had been as supportive as could be - encouraging, reassuring, doting, all of that good wife stuff. She had concerns about him putting himself back in danger, but really, it wasn't as though he was out of danger by just being a father versus a leader. He had just as much responsibility to protect his kids as he did his pack. Had he not been alpha at the time of the cougar attack, Liffey would've expected him to do just as much as he had, except to protect just their kids instead of the whole pack. It was what it was, and Liffey was happier to see the pack in Rannoch's hands than not.

So yes, she supported him. But still, she rankled with bitterness when she heard the howl announcing that it was done.

Liffey loved her kids. She loved being a mom and devoting her whole life to her little ones. And here she was again, about to be a mother twice over. She had no time to pursue her own aspirations or to return to leadership herself. But still, it took her a few moments to tame her envy and the insult to her personal pride - two things she was determined not even Rannoch be aware of - before she tilted her own head back and called out her enthusiasm and praise for her mate, and only those things.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: 'cause i know i had it all on the line - by Terance - January 26, 2019, 04:40 PM
RE: 'cause i know i had it all on the line - by Terance - January 26, 2019, 08:39 PM
RE: 'cause i know i had it all on the line - by Terance - January 26, 2019, 11:32 PM
RE: 'cause i know i had it all on the line - by Liffey - January 28, 2019, 03:05 PM
RE: 'cause i know i had it all on the line - by Arbiter - January 30, 2019, 12:46 AM