Shadewood “Got two coonhounds and a few shells left. Let’s get ‘er done.”
"My love for you was bulletproof, but you're the one who shot me."
90 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

Damn that was a right shame. Was a good thing Vetty wasn’t that way. She was a secretive girl, more skittish than a kitten and always ready to stay her ass as far from trouble as possible. Whenever she needed to get involved, she’d lip off with enough heat to singe his own whiskers, but otherwise she was calm and quiet, doing her own thing. She had her days where she went talking around with the other women doing women things, but a shrug gave his opinion of it. However knowing the stark contrast of his girl and Laroche’s, pride filled his barrel chest. His Vetty wasn’t goin round tryin ta belly up to no damn cats. She was too smart for that shit. 

His arrogance wanted to snark it out to Laroche, but he was sure Cry wouldn’t tolerate no family rivalry like that. So he simmered down the ego and kept it to himself. Roche needed some comfort, anyways. And while he wasn’t no good at comforting no man, he tried with “Well you can res’ easy knowin she got learned, now. Same thing wit a babeh, I spose. Just gotta cuff em once or twice- they’ll get tha hang of it, ‘ventualleh.

The second half kinda took him by surprise. What, was he thinking they were just prowling the borders for themselves? “Weyuh, thass whatcha got us folk for. ‘Erbody here spose to keep an eye out fo’ eachother, not jus’ themselves. Thas how it’s spose ya be. We all Famleh here.” That was how Cry explained it to him, atleast. They all did their part to be there for each other. Everybody here needed love, and that was just that. 

Turning to look over a hulky shoulder, he regarded the reddening silver man. “Tha women don’t need us men folk bein’ scared for em- they need us ta be strong, and keep em safe, warm and fed. Loved and all, that’s how we show it. Or least that’s how I been livin- worked out pretty good for me and mah Vetty.

Women were fragile enough as it was, emotional creatures. Fire and fire weren’t good of a mix.