Swiftcurrent Creek rivers till i reach you
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Though he savoured her warmth, there was an edge to the tone of her voice, carried still from their previous conversation - his lips tilted downward, searching her youthful features briefly as though the champagne and honey would reveal whatever plagued her mind. But then she looked at him, and they locked eyes--

He could have sworn a little crack had formed over his skin, drinking in the sweetness of her gaze. Seeking the stab of darkness that threatened there, like a looming stormcloud of monochrome and misery - was she really so unhappy here, even with him? Ought he have worked harder to keep a smile on her face? When Ruenna's voice seeped into the beta's mind, his frown deepened, and he wondered if he'd made a big mistake. It should not have impacted him as much as it did, but to hear those words felt like a brick to the face: he'd failed her, failed to sort out this mess before it took over every mind and heart in the creek he'd worked so hard to maintain. 

"...You're leaving?" he managed, swallowing a painful lump in his throat. "I... yeah, I..." I understand is what Soltero wanted to say, but his tongue refused to let the words free - he wasn't used to this, wasn't used to growing fond of someone, only to see them washed away into whatever else was out there. Hell, he thought he'd explored everything there was to offer in this world, but there was one aspect of life he was severly lacking experience in - growing attached to someone other than his mother, and how the heck to deal with emotions. Ruenna had been his break from the chaos lit within the heart of his home, but now she would not be here to soothe his worries. Selfish thoughts, he chided himself, but still they came.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
Messages In This Thread
rivers till i reach you - by Ruenna - January 29, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: rivers till i reach you - by Soltero - January 29, 2019, 12:35 PM
RE: rivers till i reach you - by Ruenna - January 29, 2019, 01:17 PM
RE: rivers till i reach you - by Soltero - February 02, 2019, 04:00 PM