Iktome Plains you mean like all the cool kids with their leather jackets and their pickles.
121 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
The picture he painted made her laugh. Poe had certainly been admired by men (and a few women) during her travels, but not enough to have them trailing after her like lost puppies. They usually had their own friends and families to keep them in place. There had been a couple that had wanted to come, but she had gently deterred them. She was no homewrecker, after all.

"Well, my army of one will be heading back home in the next couple of months," Poe said, trying to subtly let him know that she didn't actually have a parade in tow, "I'm here looking for my older brothers. My parents left them here when they were young and my mom sent me back to see if I could find out whatever happened to them and make sure they're okay. Haven't had any luck yet, but whether I find anything or not, I want to get back home before Summer so she doesn't have to start wondering whatever happened to me. She already has enough regrets in the motherhood department."

Poe smiled a little wistfully. She'd always felt bad for Harlyn and the way her mother quietly suffered over her failures in child-rearing. Pippin ran away, Silas was abandoned, Larkspur was plagued with dark melancholy. She and Cajun had turned out alright, but Harlyn had always watched them as though just waiting for it all to go wrong. It was sad, really, and while Poe could find quarter in her heart to pity her mother for Pippin and Larkspur, she could only remain neutral at best when it came to Silas, who'd been left behind.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you mean like all the cool kids with their leather jackets and their pickles. - by Mariposa - March 31, 2019, 08:58 AM