Lost Creek Hollow a secret club for super cool party people only.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
oops! some tags are for reference :D All welcome, but obvs only Rannoch and babies can be in the den with her

How does that saying go? If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans?

Well, if that was accurate (and there actually was a God) he was laughing at Liffey that evening. Her time came upon her unexpectedly. Out of the blue, really. Almost as though someone realized they weren't going to be around at all after tonight and decided to just get this out of the way instead of worrying about trying to post on the right day. I can't say for sure what happened, but the why didn't matter so much as the end result: When the contractions came, Liffey was not at home. Thus, the birth of her second litter began with panic.

If anyone was fortunate enough to spot her at it, they would've gotten the joy of witnessing Liffey hunched over oddly, powerwalking across the Hollow to the whelping den she and @Rannoch had prepared, whimpering "Not yet, not yet, not yet, not yet," over and over to herself. It only took her about fifteen to twenty minutes to get home, but lordy did that feel like a damn harrowing journey when you're trying to keep newborns from spilling out your wazoo.

In the end, she made it with plenty of time to spare. Rannoch (presumably) was quick to forgive his mate for plowing him out of the way when he'd stepped out to welcome her back home with a kiss and a loving embrace once he realized just why he'd been bulldozed. But it was another hour or so that passed before the first of the new batch of Frostfurs came out to greet the world, and another few hours before Liffey was able to collapse in exhaustion to the floor of her den with four perfect little peanuts snuggled to her side.

She unwittingly had lined them up against her in the order in which they had come into the world. First was a big potato that would later be named @Aengus Cypress, for Rannoch's brother. She didn't really know that yet, though. But she would once her brain woke up enough to do things like remember what she and Rannoch had planned to name their kids (or once Rannoch showed up to remind her).

The second and third were twins - two identical replicas of each other that were identical replicas of Liffey's brother, @Eljay. The first little boy she named for another brother - her own twin, @Tiarnach Elwood, who had been named by her mother for her own much loved brother. The daddy part was all Liffey's doing, though. The second would be named Tiberious, after Rannoch (middle-name wise, anyway). 

The last little girl was a ball of cream named Stomach. At least, I think it's Stomach. It's something close. Maybe @Sionnach? Though no... Stomach sounds right. Only a kid named Stomach would be born on Pi Day, after all.

Liffey worried at them for a while, making sure they were clean and fidgety and squeaky, just as newborns ought to be. Then she called softly for Rannoch, dropped her head, and shut her eyes.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
a secret club for super cool party people only. - by Liffey - March 14, 2019, 05:30 PM