Swiftcurrent Creek a lot of wait and see and too many maybes
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He dipped his head when the woman introduced herself. She wasted none of his time with small talk or pleasantries, getting right to the point and answering his question. It seemed she and her family were in need of a place to stay, something the alpha would gladly offer given that they brought the usual skill sets with them. But then she informed him of her predicament, and the father in him wanted to offer them a safe home within his borders, the feeling deepening when the yearling came forward and attempted to vouch for his usefulness. But, the pack could not support another litter of puppies; they were already worried about being able to feed the current members of the creek once all the pups were born. There was just no way he could justify adding more strain to their resources.

I am sorry, Laurel, we are already expecting multiple litters this season, and I'm afraid we just can't support another one, he answered regretfully. There is a pack to the north, a sanctuary, maybe the would be able to offer you a place to have your children safely. They are called Elyium. He had no idea what things were like for them up there, but it was worth a try.

His gaze drifted from one stranger's face to the other. When is the last time you ate? he asked. If you're hungry, I can offer you a meal today to help you make your journey. Maybe he would feel less guilty about turning them away if he filled their bellies first. He would have to work extra to make up for the food sacrifice, but he could manage.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
a lot of wait and see and too many maybes - by Laurel - April 28, 2019, 02:46 PM
RE: a lot of wait and see and too many maybes - by RIP Kavik - May 08, 2019, 10:44 PM