Duck Lake ♡ oh i'm the same, i'm the same, i'm trying to change.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"I would do it again."

The Firebrand feels the words like a blow to the chest, her brows sloped in a devastating line. Her mind is reeling; spining, spinning, spinning - but not fast enough. She can't keep up with the chaos in her mind, everything is twisted and warring and she's so confused and she's angry... But mostly it just hurts - she feels crippled. Oath can feel her heart constricting in her chest, knows whats currently written all over her face but she doesn't care. The world has been pulled out from under her and she's feeling like she's falling, plumeting back to the earth. She wants to shatter. She wants to hit the ground as hard as she fucking can and wake up from this goddamn nightmare.

Golden orbs clench and Oath drops her chin to her chest praying, begging, that when she opens them again this will all be gone. It'll be over. It will never had happened. That Goose was lying. That she wouldn't have done it again. That she did regret it. That she was sorry. Orbs slide open, moving to frantically search Goose's face for everything that she wants to find. Anything she can latch onto - to squeeze. But there is nothing but honesty reflected in those dark eyes.

Oath's face is the fall of an empire. Caustic vulnerability.

"You're so selfish."

There is a shift and, suddenly, this is not the same Oath from moments ago. This is not the wolf who loved stubbornly and defined undying loyatly. This was the wolf that flashed her teeth because she was the predator and never the prey. This is the hellishly intimidating, off-limits, 'eat your heart out' Oath. This is the shit-eating grins and the mocking eyes, the hard faces and tight planes. Calculating. This was the Oath the rest of the world saw on even her good days; this was angry and cold. It was emotional self-preservation to the highest degree.

"So, what, then. Was she dying? Or crying out for help? Was this mother fully capable of defending herself? Did you just fucking react or did you take the time to actually look at what was happening, to stop and see the big picture? Did you bother to see who was actually winning? Because I'd put my money on the bitch." Oath snarls, stepping away from the taller female but raising to her full hight simultaneously. "I've seen plenty of denmothers in my life, Goose, and I've not seen one of them lose a fight. Even just after their whelping. You know how dangerous new mothers are - their hormones are way outta whack and they're not rational."

Her laugh is cold and bitter. "What did you think you could do to help? You can't fight. You clearly just stuffed yourself right in the middle of whatever the hell was going on and took a few hits in the process. How, exactly, does that help anyone?" Eyes close, a slow breath, sneer still in place. "You're willing to die for some bitch you don't even know? Mother or not, she's a fucking stranger. She could have started it for all you know. You went in blind and you went in stupid."

Oath rounds on Goose again, shoving her nose right into the doves face. "You don't regret it." The russet hisses. "You're not a fucking hero and this story doesn't have a happy ending. This world is cold and hard and cruel and you could fucking die if you set a paw wrong. But, yet, here you are. Throwing yourself headlong into other peoples fucking problems like your goddamn life doesn't mATTER! DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO STOP AND THINK ABOUT ME? What this would do to ME? To US? What if they decide to hunt you down! You've endangered both of us with your foolish posturing! What if they had killed you, Goose! What if they will?"

You'd be leaving me behind. You left me behind.

"I love you, and you're okay with getting ripped apart because you have a bleeding heart. Cool. Good to know." The next laugh is hollow. "I can't believe this. I can't even look at you right now."

Messages In This Thread
RE: ♡ oh i'm the same, i'm the same, i'm trying to change. - by Oath - May 08, 2019, 11:15 AM