Lost Creek Hollow Mine, Mine, Mine
67 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Sorry I've been so, so very slow—RL and electronics have been real PITAs!  >.<  Just as a heads-up Jet's name has been changed to Brouhaha in the future, but obviously not mid-thread, here  ;P  Leaving this as now archiveable, if wished!
...In particular I absolutely adored Eshe's earlier descriptions and her little crush on Gannet though, lol  ;D  Very nice!

Her fellow pup earned herself a quick playful nip before Jet made her dive for the unclaimed bone. She hauled it triumphantly up in her jaws—a heavier load than expected, making her neck wobble a little, but with a mighty effort she heaved the thing skyward—and tried to waggle it about in a proud and teasing manner. Eshe was already past her, though, and Jet watched in growing puzzlement as her fellow puppy for some unfathomable reason only had eyes for the adult in the room, and the noisy big black birds he was giving a hairy eyeball to.

Jet's ability to frown was rather interrupted by the large femur clenched between her pearly whites, but the furrow in her brow went down more successfully. Her tail wagging high and wild started to droop at its little white tip as she stared after the very much preoccupied Eshe. Jet couldn't fgure out what she could possibly have done wrong to have this other girlpup so thoroughly ignoring her, especially since she'd just gotten ahold of what she'd thought was the much-prized toy bone... What the hell? Jet looked at Gannet again in confusion to see if she had perhaps missed something super-interesting he was up to. Nope, he was still just...staring at birds. And in fact, with a bristle and a glare, the most aggressive of the ravens decided it had had enough, and flapped away with a final squork. Jet didn't understand why Eshe had wanted it dead anyway: it sure didn't look like it had much meat on its scrawny hollow bones.

Shortly thereafter the big white-furred Gannet issued the invitation Jet had been waiting for, however, and the young black-furred girl flagged her tail proudly high once more and trotted over to show him her prize with only a little additional difficulty as it tried to pull her steps off-balance. Wavering a little, Jet heaved the thing even higher so that tall Gannet could get a better look and sniff (and also such that the big knob on one end was likely to whack into his nearest shinbone if he didn't watch it—whoops) and then maybe young Eshe would realize just what awesome fun she was missing out on. ...Or not. Jet was pretty happy to while away the time with Gannet instead, if Eshe wasn't going to bite: the important thing was that someone was going to play with her. Someone who wasn't a terrible stinkin' little brother. And with that Jet could definitely count this day a success.
Messages In This Thread
Mine, Mine, Mine - by Eshe - May 14, 2019, 12:17 AM
RE: Mine, Mine, Mine - by Gannet - May 14, 2019, 10:01 PM
RE: Mine, Mine, Mine - by Brouhaha - June 01, 2019, 03:42 AM
RE: Mine, Mine, Mine - by Gannet - June 03, 2019, 05:47 PM
RE: Mine, Mine, Mine - by Eshe - June 29, 2019, 11:55 PM
RE: Mine, Mine, Mine - by Gannet - July 19, 2019, 05:29 PM
RE: Mine, Mine, Mine - by Brouhaha - August 07, 2019, 01:22 AM