Panther Park A cloud hangs over and mutes my happiness
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
Step after step he continued his journey. How long has it been now? How long since he woke up in an unfamiliar wilderness. How long since he last saw his family, his pack. It’s been maybe a week or more. Without direction he carried on, hoping to maybe find a trace of a familiar scent. But almost everywhere he went to, the scents and sights were unknown. The last thing he passed was a little creek that ran along a pack territory. Basil had been tempted to ask the pack where he was but did not want to risk his hide. Given that the scent of the pack did not trigger his memory meant that he was not close to his home. He was a stranger in these lands and he had to tread with caution. At least until he explored more of the lay of the land and knew where he was at least. So he skirted along the stranger packs territory and arrived at a giant lake.

Deciding to rest at this place he started drinking the clear water and his thoughts drifted. This area is so unfamiliar. I have to be careful, especially if I see the Pale Faces again. at this thought he was reminded of the clunky contraption tied around his neck. When he first woke up he tried ripping it with his claws and even tried rocks and trees to pry it off. It was surprisingly sturdy though and thus he stopped trying. Whatever it was it had not hurt him yet even if the ones that put it on his neck in the first place did. It was an inconvenience he will have to live with for now.

After he finished drinking he tried making out if he could smell something familiar that he could hunt. He hadn’t eaten since yesterday as he was mostly trying to get to safety first. It also didn’t help that he had only eaten rabbits and other small creatures to stay sated. Being disorientated and not knowing the common prey around here made it hard to find something substantial. “Another rabbit huh? Oh well, better than nothing.” he muttered to himself after smelling the scent of said animal. With quite paws and nimble feet he went back into the trees that lined the lake. The tree line gave way to a vast coniferous forest and Basil slowed his steps. He could smell another scent. One, that didn’t smell all that inviting. His sixth sense told him to stay away from the animal giving up that smell and thus he tried making a large circle around it and continued towards the area where he suspected the rabbit to be.

It did not take long after that to finally spot said prey. Immediately Basil crouched down and focused on the rabbit. Every hunt was currently really important to be successful. Otherwise he was destined to starve. With quiet and careful steps he tried going into the best possible position to ambush the rabbit. They were fast and though Basil was also quite fast, a surprise attack saved energy.

Thoughts  
Conversation
~The strength of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf.~
Messages In This Thread
RE: A cloud hangs over and mutes my happiness - by Basil - May 18, 2019, 07:16 AM
RE: A cloud hangs over and mutes my happiness - by Basil - August 15, 2019, 09:09 AM