Panther Park A cloud hangs over and mutes my happiness
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
As the other answered his question, Basil’s perky mood suddenly dropped. His mouth turned from a smile to a frown. So Eastwood didn’t know his home. And given that the other said that Eastwood had been living here for a while, the young lad concluded that he was much farther away from home than he thought. So that’s it then? I won’t see my family again? at that thought his whole demeanor turned even more sad. The lad wasn’t even able to say goodbye.

Even Eastwood’s optimistic answer that he would know the land soon enough didn’t really raise his mood. But what did wallowing in pity help? It won’t get his family back. And hope always dies last. Maybe in the future he will be able to ask other wolves that traveled more if they knew where his home was. Basil shook his whole body, as if he wanted to shake off the sadness, and put on a smile again. “Well, now I know that I at least don’t have to search for them right now.” he released a sigh “Guess I will have to make a new life here. It is what it is but I will manage…..somehow” he said and grinned a little. Basil was young and even if he won't be able to see his family again for a while, one day he might make it back. It was jarring, getting ripped away so suddenly but he was at the age were young wolves usually always went their own ways and find a new pack to join.

Then the other pointed out the collar that was gracing his neck. With a confused gaze he tried seeing the thing but noted that it wasn’t possible for him. Basil face palmed and laughed lightly. Man, he was dumb sometimes. “Err, I don’t really know. It’s been there since I woke up here. I tried getting it off but so far it didn’t work. Hasn’t hurt me yet so I am not sure about its reason. It’s from the pale faces though.” he spoked and tried tugging on it with his paw again. Like usual it only dug into his neck and hindered his air flow but otherwise didn’t budge so he stopped again. “I almost forgot it was there. It’s not much of a bother most of the time.” Basil added and grinned again. Whatever it was, it was harmless for now so the lad hadn’t tried again to take it off.
Thoughts  
Conversation
~The strength of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf.~
Messages In This Thread
RE: A cloud hangs over and mutes my happiness - by Basil - July 20, 2019, 11:08 AM
RE: A cloud hangs over and mutes my happiness - by Basil - August 15, 2019, 09:09 AM