Flycatcher Downs but i'm being so unreasonable.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Like Liffey, Rannoch hadn't anticipated how difficult leaving their children would be. He hadn't been entirely sure exactly what to expect, but it was far worse than he had ever considered. Rannoch and Liffey's news had been greeted by their four youngest, their eyes round and tear-filled; his heart had broken almost instantaneously. Deshyr and Breccan, on the other hand, had handled the unexpected departure with grace—he was impressed by how they had handled themselves."You'll do great," he had assured their eldest children before leaving. 

Rannoch's paws dragged as they left Lost Creek Hollow, and he did his best to push them away from the forefront of his mind. Every-so-often, he glanced over his shoulders to see if any of the children (read: Sionnach) had managed to follow them. But as time went on, and the distance between them and their family increased, Rannoch's apprehension began to fade. 

"Yeah," Rannoch agreed, his gaze regarding their surroundings; the downs were in their prime. "We get so caught up in the day-to-day that we forget about all of this." It was a marvelous feeling to feel small again. "It seems to go on forever, doesn't it?" despite what he knew was true, he felt as though they could lose themselves in the expanse.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
but i'm being so unreasonable. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 04:10 PM
RE: but i'm being so unreasonable. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - May 24, 2019, 07:11 PM
RE: but i'm being so unreasonable. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 07:22 PM
RE: but i'm being so unreasonable. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 08:59 PM
RE: but i'm being so unreasonable. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 09:27 PM
RE: but i'm being so unreasonable. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 10:21 PM
RE: but i'm being so unreasonable. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 10:45 PM