The Sunspire well that was a bit of a drive-by.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Liffey couldn't help herself. As soon as she and @Rannoch had gotten to the other side of the Sunspire mountain range, she had turned their trajectory Northward. It was entirely out of their way and would likely add an entire extra day to their trip, but her heart demanded they visit. It had been such a long time since they'd been there, and if this trip was about reconnecting, then there was no place else for them to go.

They had arrived in their former territory as dusk had begun to fall. She had been so miserable at Moonspear and so happy at Sunspire. She had chosen Sunspire to be the place she and Rannoch lived out the rest of her days. It was meant to be a kingdom for the Frostfurs--the current generation and for all generations to come. But she'd been forced to abandon it, and thinking of the events that had transpired that had caused the land's downfall filled her with a toxic bitterness that this trip was supposed to be healing her from.

Still, she lead them through the familiar slopes until they were standing beneath the willow that marked their former den, where they had raised their first litter. Liffey watched solemnly as the long, dangling boughs danced across the stream that flowed past, remembering the happy days spent on this very shore.

"Remember when Deshyr was stung by that bee?" Liffey said, smiling softly, "This little pup, sobbing and yelling 'I hate them, I hate them!' while we pulled the stinger out and for hours afterwards." Her poor sweet girl. I had been terrible in the moment as she'd felt as though she were the worst mother in the world by letting her daughter get stung by a bee. But in retrospect, it was just another fond memory.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
well that was a bit of a drive-by. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 05:43 PM
RE: well that was a bit of a drive-by. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 08:04 PM
RE: well that was a bit of a drive-by. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 08:39 PM
RE: well that was a bit of a drive-by. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 09:06 PM
RE: well that was a bit of a drive-by. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: well that was a bit of a drive-by. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 10:37 PM