Neverwinter Forest it sounds like it's the opposite of normal.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Private 
After spending a couple of steamy hours at the Hot Springs, Liffey had followed @Rannoch to the next stop on their journey to the Plateau. This was a place she had long been curious about, and also one that she knew would likely be difficult for her mate to traverse. It was the place of his birth--the forest where he and his brother had grown, lived, and been happy. But only for a time.

She knew this place was likely haunted for him, with memories both good and bad. She had never before been there, and yet it seemed so familiar. Not in the way that it did since she had been here before, but in a deeper, more personal way. Perhaps it was because she knew her mate so well and knew the stories he had told of it. Or maybe it was because this forest simply felt like him. Either way, she loved it, even though it was a sad place.

"It smells like you here," Liffey commented as they walked, bumping her shoulder softly into his. Or maybe you smell like it... she considered wordlessly, peering over at him to try and gauge how he felt being here. She wondered what he was thinking about, wondered if it was his parents, or if it was Cypress. Maybe it wasn't any of those, but of wolve he had known and loved that he'd never spoken of before. It was so strange that he had an entire life that she'd never been part of. It felt wrong that they didn't share every experience, though she knew it wasn't. He hadn't been part of her childhood at the Caldera, after all. But still.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
it sounds like it's the opposite of normal. - by Liffey - May 24, 2019, 06:33 PM