Lost Creek Hollow i don't stay unhappy for long.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
He didn't outright say no, but only that he needed to ask. She didn't need clarification for who he meant, for Ashlar still lingered in her periphery and he was the only one she knew of that her friend would be unwilling to leave. She nodded, understanding in spite of that small voice that was irritated by it. It was oddly quieter than it usually was, perhaps simply because of the importance of everything else that was going on. Or maybe she was just getting over it. We'll see!

"Of course, I understand they're im--" Liffey was cut off then as a call echoed through the Hollow. It was Rannoch, and it was urgent, angry, with an underscore of hurt. His discussion with Terance had apparently not gone well. Liffey felt a jolt of fear stab through her heart as she thought of her kids. Were they in danger?

"I have to go," she stammered, realizing her utter stupidity in not having gotten her kids safely away before she let Rannoch break the news to his friend. "I have to get my kids out. Rannoch, he told Terance. I don't think it went well. He might..." Liffey swallowed hard, shouldering her fear as best as she could even as she backpedaled. "I have to go, but I'll watch for you. I'm sorry I can't stay but please, let me know somehow. One way or the other." The memory of the violence she'd experienced when she'd left Moonspear was screaming in her head now. She had never thought it would be the same, but now it seemed so glaringly obvious that it would be. She should've known better.

Liffey turned and bolted for home then, her eyes grazing Ashlar as she went. She nearly stopped to warn Gannet not to put his own family in danger by giving Terance and Treason the head's up, but her concern for her own was too rampant to allow her to pause for even a moment. She needed to get home. She would take her kids and she would go.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
i don't stay unhappy for long. - by Liffey - June 03, 2019, 04:59 PM
RE: i don't stay unhappy for long. - by Gannet - June 03, 2019, 05:41 PM
RE: i don't stay unhappy for long. - by Liffey - June 03, 2019, 06:59 PM
RE: i don't stay unhappy for long. - by Gannet - June 03, 2019, 07:22 PM
RE: i don't stay unhappy for long. - by Liffey - June 03, 2019, 08:10 PM
RE: i don't stay unhappy for long. - by Gannet - June 03, 2019, 08:18 PM
RE: i don't stay unhappy for long. - by Liffey - June 03, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: i don't stay unhappy for long. - by Gannet - June 03, 2019, 10:51 PM
RE: i don't stay unhappy for long. - by Liffey - June 04, 2019, 11:15 AM
RE: i don't stay unhappy for long. - by Gannet - June 04, 2019, 12:10 PM