Blackfeather Woods come lay your bones on the alabaster stones
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

she wonders idly if by staying, she could have protected Maegi from this. but that was so long ago, and what-ifs are not something she prefers to dwell on. they lead to ugly thoughts and ugly answers, and she'd not dwell in the past. the woman echoes her name, and at her query Cassiopeia dips her head. she does not know any other reason why her mother would name her such; it seemed some part of Olive was perpetually cast among the stars and skies. it is not, however, a question most ask, and she is curious. "do you know much of the stars?" she's not found another with any interest in them besides her mother, and so her own knowledge and love for them had suffered because of it. 

she committed the woman's face and name to memory, matching the moniker easily with the pale of her pelt. her next few words are a veiled question, and she understands the curiosity of her arrival here. it is a terrible place to seek refuge, surely, though now that she has she's bound to them by honour and duty; she'd told Ramsay as much. "you wouldn't have," she confirmed, and was glad for it. if she had been the type to run with the woods during her time here, she would have been more guarded. "I lived here when Maegi was born. her, and her two brothers." she did not mention the other's that died by their mother's fang. once more, she glances at Maegi. she is her mother's daughter and not; both touched with madness, though Potema's bred hate and Maegi's born out of love and loss. her gaze returns to Tundra. "when war came and destroyed them, I'd already left. I've only been here a fortnight, at most." 
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Messages In This Thread
RE: come lay your bones on the alabaster stones - by Cassiopeia - June 09, 2019, 11:14 AM