Ankyra Sound Walking on the edge of something bigger
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau listened to him speak with intent ears and focused eyes, not looking away as she gave Illidan her undivided attention. The halfling furrowed her brows. "Oh," she murmured, still wanting to fish for details but it seemed even Illidan was fuzzy on the entirety of it, that was not a good sign. She tried smiling, as if it would bestow confidence to her friend. Cadeau didn't like seeing him unhappy, their friendship was young but she still cared plenty. All this stress wasn't a good look on him. 

Then he shared some heavier details and it made her skin crawl. Could someone really forcibly yank Illidan from his place like that? Cadeau frowned at the thought, Illidan had been the brains of the operation when they'd journeyed, she couldn't picture that Illidan could upset anyone when he had the skills to endure like he did.

And by anymore... did that mean something from within was already brewing? Cadeau shook her head and got in his space with a determined expression. "You always told me to ignore what others think about you," Cadeau said. "Don't let their words prick you like this." She was naive of course but she just yearned to be helpful to him for once, she felt useless. She couldn't fight his demons but she could barricade them with support and care. Cadeau continued her rather blind pep talk, not caring if they dripped with cliche and syrupy niceness to every other word, "I don't know much but I know you. You're the smartest and most clever wolf I know, you'll figure something out."

Cadeau paused a moment to collect her words and to let the previous ones sink in for Illidan. Nodding her head in an encouraging fashion, she pressed on with her words wrapped in iron and steel at their firmness. "Illidan, you can do it. Prove them wrong."
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
Walking on the edge of something bigger - by Cadeau - June 17, 2019, 05:42 PM
RE: Walking on the edge of something bigger - by Cadeau - June 20, 2019, 04:33 PM