Sun Mote Copse One breath, it'll just break it
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Last spree post methinks! Feel free to jump in either side (or no).  I'll prob start new threads soon for these babs

She wanted to kill him.  This knowledge dawned on him as soon as her teeth left his side and angled instantly for his neck, but by twisting, he was able to shoulder aside the ending blow.  She was nearly unrecognizable from the girl he'd attempted to counsel that night, all those months ago, and the realization set in that it might be kill or be killed here.  Whatever hesitation he felt lasted only a fraction of a second because the choice was pretty damn obvious.  He had kids now.  She wouldn't take him from his family.

Colt surged upward with a ferocity that clearly took the smaller wolf by surprise.  It threw her sideways, and as soon as she staggered, he jumped on her in turn, hoping to deal a wound that would end this one way or another.  She would flee or she would die here, but if she was beyond reason, he was not going to sacrifice himself to her fucking lunacy.

The fight was not long.  They were a savage blur, but by the end of it, only one was standing, if barely.  Colt tottered, his chest awash with crimson from a jagged rip just below the jugular, a near miss to compliment the heavy gashes across his head, side, and foreleg.  She'd gotten teeth into a good many parts of him while seeking that killing blow, but she now lay before him, attempting to stand while bleeding heavily from her side.

Colt staggered towards her and his lips peeled back to allow his fangs to hover over her.  I didn't want this, but you don't belong here anymore.  If I see you anywhere near my family, I'll kill you.  Get the fuck out of here.

He stood firm while she managed to drag herself to her feet, and continued to watch as she limped off.  She would not make it far with those wounds, but he didn't care right then if she died or not.  He wouldn't kill her here, in cold blood, because Wildfire's memory deserved better.  Outside of that, she was her own problem now.

Colt turned and began weaving a hazy path back towards home.  The world tilted, though, skewing wildly, and he only had time for a single shit before he fell sideways, the world swimming into darkness as he hit the ground heavily.
Messages In This Thread
One breath, it'll just break it - by Kiwi RIP - July 21, 2019, 10:33 AM
RE: One breath, it'll just break it - by Colt RIP - July 21, 2019, 10:43 AM
RE: One breath, it'll just break it - by Kiwi RIP - July 21, 2019, 10:53 AM
RE: One breath, it'll just break it - by Colt RIP - July 21, 2019, 11:08 AM
RE: One breath, it'll just break it - by Kiwi RIP - July 21, 2019, 11:15 AM
RE: One breath, it'll just break it - by Colt RIP - July 21, 2019, 11:33 AM
RE: One breath, it'll just break it - by Wraen - July 22, 2019, 01:33 PM
RE: One breath, it'll just break it - by Finley - July 22, 2019, 06:41 PM
RE: One breath, it'll just break it - by Colt RIP - July 23, 2019, 09:21 AM
RE: One breath, it'll just break it - by Eljay - July 23, 2019, 12:36 PM
RE: One breath, it'll just break it - by Wraen - July 23, 2019, 01:46 PM