Redhawk Caldera if he was something special, i wouldn't have this song.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 

It was so strange to see the place to empty.

Liffey felt a flood of emotions as she stood on one of the territory's slopes, her fire-eyed gaze sweeping slowly across the Caldera stretched below. She knew her family had abandoned the place of her birth long ago, something she had done years before even that. Still, she hadn't expected the emptiness of the place to be so strange to her. So... sad.

The alpha had always considered only the bad memories of her childhood here. Fighting with her mother, suffering that terrible Winter, being annoyed and jealous of the Redhawk pups that had been forced on them when her aunt had died. But being here now, her mind was filled with good memories. Hunting with her dad, playing with Gannet, catching bugs with Lagan and bringing them to Eljay to try and make him smile. A lump rose in her throat as she thought of those things and as she wondered how she had overlooked them for so long.

Shaking her head lightly, Liffey got up and began to move again, down through the sweeping golden grasses towards the lake in the center of the Caldera while the stars glittered overhead. Another memory had come to her, one she had long forgotten. And in spite of knowing it might overcome her, she wanted to revisit it while she had the opportunity.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
if he was something special, i wouldn't have this song. - by Liffey - July 26, 2019, 09:46 AM