Blackfeather Woods I don't usually give in to peer pressure
"You must make a friend of horror and of mortal terror."
48 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
The glorious moment where you can use a computer again (even if its a sad work pc).... Sorry for the length LOL.

A moment passed where Sobek was doubtful of the other boy; this ended when Rowan agreed and then, watching as he thrust himself in to an invitational bow before jaunting off in another direction, Sobek moved in a flurry of steps to keep up. He did not know what to expect from this game but it didn't really matter, not for Sobek's quest. He watched the way that Rowan moved and tried to mimic him, letting his rudder of a tail flick with a happy momentum; the softened tophography of the mire soon fell behind them as they drifted closer to the edge of the territory.

There were clouds of tiny flies hovering above puddles of muddy water despite the season, a thin quality to the air where the trees left sections exposed, and as Sobek journeyed with Rowan he took notice of these tiny things; insignificant as they appeared, he could not help but cement the mood of his surroundings in to his memory. It was in direct opposition to how he felt inside himself: dreary, uninviting, slick and wet and exposed. He wasn't sure he liked the look of the place, nor the vaguely threatening vibe he felt from the far-off slices of faded blue which were the mountains. He paused a moment to stare at the shapes they made (noticing that they were like blotted, transitioning blues but not relating them to mountains in any way) and wondered if their game would go that far.

Then he turned to look at Rowan, picking up his pace so that he was at least aligned shoulder-to-hip with the other boy. He wondered where they were going, and what they would be doing.

Do you do this by yourself a lot? He asked, although immediately after his ears fluttered back and forth, remembering he had promised not to get in the way; questions weren't harmful, he thought. Sobek wanted to learn. This is far from where everyone else is, he added vaguely, referencing the distance from the rendezvous site to the fringe of the territory where they were now; he felt suddenly very aware of how spread out Blackfeather Woods really was. As he opened his mouth to say more, something crackled in the woods and a raven took flight, honking a few times, and the sound slowly dwindled with the bird's shifting position overhead. Sobek turned to stare at the dark blot but was looking to Rowan next, anticipating a reaction which he would also mirror.
Messages In This Thread
I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 28, 2019, 11:54 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 01:53 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 02:20 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 03:24 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 30, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 01:05 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 02:50 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 03:31 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 13, 2019, 04:52 AM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - November 13, 2019, 02:42 PM