Blackfeather Woods I don't usually give in to peer pressure
"You must make a friend of horror and of mortal terror."
48 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Rolling to see what happens with Sobble here: ( 12 )
Edit complete.

Rowan was being brave, acting very much like a warrior ahead of themselves in years, while Sobek remained pitifully ill-equipped for what came next. The bushes shook and roared in their own regard, the sound dissonant, not unlike a child's whine but much louder, piercing the air and making the boy cower further; his eyes went wide with shock and awe when the leggy thief made himself known, the coyote rounding upon the pair of children. He saw the feral glint of hunger in the creature's eyes and suddenly his fear was gone, replaced by some level of intrigue. The child was curious; he was more interested in the study of this strange wolf-like cousin than afraid, which would help in the long run. Rowan pivoted and Sobek followed after him, but lagged a little bit behind yet again, wanting to get closer while the coyote was fixated on his friend.

He was so enamored by the stilted creature before him, with their mouth agape and big eyes shining bright, that he wasn't paying attention to how the coyote was moving; the beast was watching Rowan, but that did not mean their attention was locked upon the boy. In fact, the more the coyote herded around the pair the more it took notice of Sobek's innocent staring, and took full advantage; with one lunge it was between the boys, snapping aggressively for Sobek with the intent to grab the boy, maim him, steal him away as an easy meal—to which Sobek fell defenseless, savaged by a few well placed, practiced hits.

The blows caught him across the snout and the small boy ducked, rolled, tried to scramble away—and that was when the coyote grabbed after Sobek's retreating hind, plucking mouthfuls of fur from the child's bony hip and scoring them with teeth. Sobek shrieked as the feeling spread through him; he kicked at the face of the coyote and tumbled towards the dark of the woods, forgetting about Rowan for a moment, forgetting that somewhere the adults must be lurking, and running for a dark corner where he could hide from the incessant, hungry beast.
Messages In This Thread
I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 28, 2019, 11:54 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 01:53 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 02:20 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 03:24 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 30, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 01:05 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - October 12, 2019, 01:24 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 02:50 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 03:31 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 13, 2019, 04:52 AM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - November 13, 2019, 02:42 PM