Blackfeather Woods I don't usually give in to peer pressure
"You must make a friend of horror and of mortal terror."
48 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
When the other boy dove face-first to the rescue, the coyote had been too intent upon his first target and too distracted, falling victim to a well placed strike to the belly. Surprised by the violent reaction of the child, it turns away from Sobek and scrambles to defend its soft underside; but it is already too late, by a stroke of luck on Rowan's part the child has grabbed and ripped a vein, spraying the earth with a fine mist of red. The coyote doesn't stop; it feels the pain but it knows to keep going regardless, and counters the flailing attacks of the young wolf with a frenzy of its own.

Meanwhile, Sobek is bleeding. The feeling of teeth grabbing at him is gone and he is in shock, his adrenaline curbing the pain of the lacerations left by the coyote. He notices things in glimpses; almost like stop motion, with each movement stuck to one frame. The coyote has left him behind—he turns to face its retreating shape—he sees Rowan, beneath. Then there is blood, and Sobek is moving in to the spray. Something in him has shifted. He is no warrior but his instincts drive him towards the coyote in defense of his friend, and he snaps his snaggle toothed grin at any piece of the pest that he can grab. The coyote is bigger than them both, but it is bleeding, and its wound is worse than the superficial mess that has become of Sobek.

The boy is silent as he strikes, biting, pulling, shaking, doing all that he can to dishevel the coyote or force it off its feet and away from Rowan.
Messages In This Thread
I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 28, 2019, 11:54 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 01:53 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 02:20 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 03:24 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 30, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 01:05 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - October 12, 2019, 01:57 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 02:50 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 03:31 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 13, 2019, 04:52 AM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - November 13, 2019, 02:42 PM