Blackfeather Woods I don't usually give in to peer pressure
"You must make a friend of horror and of mortal terror."
48 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
When the coyote finally decided the effort was not worth the risk, it fled. Sobek felt his teeth close on open air a few times as he jostled to do more harm, and after the third or fourth empty snap he opened his eyes and spied the retreating figure. He was ignorant to the mess across his body; gradually he became aware of the ache in his haunches from where the creature had pulled at his fur, and arched, straining to get a better look. Clumps of his fur had been pulled out at the root and some of the flesh torn. It stung when the air touched it. He tried to reach for his hip by compacting himself, but it didn't help matters, and so he stopped and unfurled against the forest floor.

Hey! Hey are you.. okay..? Rowan called to him, and soon was inspecting his wounds. Sobek didn't have an answer. He wasn't sure how he felt in the moment, except he knew he was tired and he was a little bit light-headed. The terror of the moment had come and gone but it had been thrilling; he was most likely in shock from the battle, and wouldn't understand how dangerously close the pair had come to death until much later on. His haunches felt stiff the longer he sat there, and when he tried to test his legs by standing, Sobek felt a stabbing broken-glass sort of pain shooting in to his hips.

It bit me a lot, he says in his mechanical way. But it didn't get me. You—you were awesome!
Messages In This Thread
I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 28, 2019, 11:54 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 01:53 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 02:20 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 29, 2019, 03:24 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - September 29, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - September 30, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 01:05 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 02:50 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by RIP Sobek - October 12, 2019, 03:01 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 12, 2019, 03:31 PM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - October 13, 2019, 04:52 AM
RE: I don't usually give in to peer pressure - by Rowan - November 13, 2019, 02:42 PM