Emberwood he hides behind his cigarette, lets the smoke linger by his lips
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
no need to apologize <3

If he knew how obvious his internal suffering was to her, he would have tried harder to conceal it. He wasn't eager to let others see just how much pain he was in—how much he wished it would all just end. He feared his daughter would pick up on his desolation, so he tried to hide it from everyone. He wouldn't let her know just how much his soul hurt every second of every day; she needed to focus on getting better and growing up despite how he had let her down. He wouldn't let her down in this way, though. 

She appeared nervous at first: a flash of the white of her eyes and the pink of her tongue as it flicked out to move along her lips the first things to catch his attention. She averted her gaze, something he was used to, though he never actually expected that sort of thing from anyone. She spoke some foreign word, and then her body language shifted abruptly, her chin tilting up in defiance of his unspoken claim here. Kavik tensed; he hadn't come here to fight her, the woods were not officially claimed, after all. But he was intent on informing her of their plans so that she could pack up and leave, or join them if she wished to do that instead. 

When she spoke again, he understood the word. She wanted peace, same as him. At least she did now before she knew of his request. She moved aside, her kill more visible to him now. His stomach rumbled painfully at the sight. A snake wasn't something he would consider a meal usually, but with so little food around, any meat would do. She offered the meal to him, but he shook his head, unwilling to take her meal and her home in the same day. No, that is okay. It's your kill and I'm fine. He dipped his head in greeting. I'm Kavik. He glanced around once before resting his gaze on her face. My pack seeks to settle here for the winter, he added. It looks like that could be a problem for you. He proposed it as a simple fact, no aggression present in his voice or body. He didn't want to force her out; the thought made guilt swell in his chest. But he had to be honest with her.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
RE: he hides behind his cigarette, lets the smoke linger by his lips - by RIP Kavik - November 26, 2019, 10:39 PM