Emberwood Caught in a landslide of emotions.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He didn't really mind the silence between them, although he did begin to wonder if she had a reason for seeking him out or if she really was just making sure they didn't need anything. Either way, he was thankful for the chance to think of something other than the clawing despair that lived inside every cell of his being. When she did finally speak, her question surprised him. As a leader, it was assumed that his protection extended to the whole pack and he hand't even considered that anyone would question whether that was the case now. Leader or not, was it not everyone's responsibility to keep the pack safe? Of course, Ibis, he said, brow creasing some in concern. I couldn't call this my home and not be protective of anyone else who called it the same. He was here using resources and benefiting from the safety of being a part of a group; if they wanted his contribution to be in the form of protection, well then that would be nothing new and nothing he wouldn't have done anyway. The winter will be hard and more dangerous than it is normally; I'll do my best to make sure we're safe. He had told his family the same thing, though, and now they were all dead. Doubt and guilt mixed together inside him and formed a giant knot in his chest. He felt like a liar somehow, promising to keep these wolves safe when he had failed to do the same for his own family. But he would try; it's not like he could fill his time with anything else, anyway. Patrolling and protecting were the best ways he knew to stay busy. More than anything, though, he felt he owed Ibis for her kindness. Are you worried about anything in particular? he asked. She was probably just concerned about the winter like everyone else, but it would be helpful to know if there was anything he needed to keep an eye on. As for her size, he would address that in a minute; he wanted to make sure she understood that being small wouldn't prevent her from learning to protect herself or others.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 18, 2019, 09:13 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 19, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 19, 2019, 12:27 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 19, 2019, 01:41 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 21, 2019, 01:00 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 21, 2019, 02:07 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 24, 2019, 05:28 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 26, 2019, 07:21 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 26, 2019, 07:42 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 26, 2019, 08:51 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 27, 2019, 01:34 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - December 10, 2019, 01:16 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 11, 2019, 05:50 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - December 27, 2019, 02:08 AM