Moonspear the light, the fight, the quiet.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
What was it like? Opalia knew it best as a feeling deep in the marrow of her bones. She needed a second to articulate it easiest, assuming the pale girl knew little. It always smelled like sea.. and could usually hear the waves. We had an old redwood forest too, so it came together like that, she said, kind of quiet as she detailed the memories that felt so far away. There was a wide view..a big horizon, since we were up on the cliffs, which is kind of like now. This feels almost familiar like that, but it was way more sky and water from there of course, she went on to say, knowing in her heart that she could keep going down to the finer details if she really tried.

As for the ominous words, Opalia was not surprised. She breathed a slow sigh to that much. I heard it was dangerous.. after the earthquakes, and all, she agreed, wondering how the wolf she met was and why she offered such a warning. As far as Opalia knew, few still lived on the coastline. But we had gone inland by then. I can't say for myself. I've been well south of here in the lowlands until now.. she said. Maybe come spring, I'd like to visit again just to see it for sure. And of course, by then, maybe enough time had passed; things seemed to be looking up. By spring, she might be more secure in the thought.

If you may be interested in coming along, just to see it for yourself, you're more than welcome to come too, the yearling offered, trying to keep her encouragement subtle enough--but the suggestion was certainly out there.
Messages In This Thread
the light, the fight, the quiet. - by Opalia - January 15, 2020, 10:50 AM
RE: the light, the fight, the quiet. - by Isilmë - January 16, 2020, 06:52 AM
RE: the light, the fight, the quiet. - by Opalia - January 18, 2020, 10:54 PM
RE: the light, the fight, the quiet. - by Isilmë - January 24, 2020, 03:57 AM
RE: the light, the fight, the quiet. - by Opalia - January 27, 2020, 11:45 PM
RE: the light, the fight, the quiet. - by Isilmë - January 30, 2020, 04:23 PM
RE: the light, the fight, the quiet. - by Opalia - February 02, 2020, 10:27 PM