Whitebark Stream the less of it I need the more I get
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Artyom laughed at her attempt at saying the name of his birth pack, though not unkindly. He considered speaking it again, slower to allow her another try, but decided against it - Dawn seemed like the sort of she-wolf who could appreciate a challenge, so he was content to let her practice if she so wished.

Dawn did not break the unwritten rule of the game they'd found themselves engaged in to pry following his vague reasoning behind the decision made to depart his home, for which he was thankful. Her answer to his question came, and her primary hope was something Artyom felt he could relate to. As was the driving force behind her decision to start over, he supposed: grief was a powerful thing, and could break even the strongest of spirits. A new place and new faces, serving as a reliable distraction or salve to emotion wounds, he'd learned.

What he did not expect was her admission of seeking to become a mother, along with the suggestion that she had reared offspring once before. Wide-eyed, he made to exchange a sorrowful glance with her, only to find her bronze gaze already cast downward.

He wanted to ask where where children were, why she felt a distance from them made her any less of a mother. Reach out to her, perhaps, in effort to comfort her. It was not his place to do so and he wasn't sure how she would even react to physical contact, however, and so he too turned focus to their intended cache while he gathered his thoughts. It was kinder to respect her, Artyom felt - let her communicate more on the matter in her own time, only if she wanted to.

"I want to be important," he answered her question without much thought, then paused to elaborate. "Not in a sense of holding title or land, but... to someone." That was what he missed most: companionship. Having someone look at him with the same glimmer of adoration in her eye as Ana did before she was lost to him. Artyom could never forget the she-wolf who first taught him to love, but he yearned to find the one who would show him how to do so again after he feared he'd lost everything.

There was a discomfort to admit his simple desires, some small vulnerability, but no shame. Dawn had shared hers so it felt only fair to answer her question honestly.
Messages In This Thread
the less of it I need the more I get - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 05:42 AM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Artyom - January 21, 2020, 11:59 AM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 12:20 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Artyom - January 21, 2020, 12:33 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 12:41 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Artyom - January 21, 2020, 01:21 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 02:25 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Artyom - January 21, 2020, 03:04 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 04:08 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Artyom - January 21, 2020, 04:51 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 05:06 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Artyom - January 21, 2020, 05:27 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 05:43 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Artyom - January 21, 2020, 06:21 PM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Dawn - January 22, 2020, 04:01 AM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Artyom - January 22, 2020, 04:18 AM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Dawn - January 22, 2020, 04:33 AM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Artyom - January 22, 2020, 04:59 AM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Dawn - January 22, 2020, 06:28 AM
RE: the less of it I need the more I get - by Artyom - January 22, 2020, 06:58 AM