Whitebark Stream I guess I'll never know why sparrows love the snow.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Editing in a fade.   :)

Soon, the pack began to arrive. Wolves trickled in one by one and Artyom, greeting each familiar face with a smile, felt pride creep into his being. He made to exchange a glance with his mate and, to himself, thought how grateful he was for her to have brought them together and made this all possible.

Through his excited anticipation of seeing Whitebark's pack brought together, however, there was some quiet concern for those who failed to show - particularly that of a newcomer, @Kavik, who had vowed to assist where possible yet seemed to keep mostly to himself since. @Minnow, too, had not come, which surprised him, and he hoped that @Anokhi and @Eights were simply further afield and heading their way to join them.

Deciding that they'd been kept waiting long enough, Artyom carried on: "welcome," he announced cheerfully, "it is good to see you all here, and I hope all is well."

Dark eyes swept the group briefly, before he sought that of his mate. "You have likely noticed a few changes around here," he carried on, a gilded ear trained on the group as he searched Dawn's lovely features. "The snows are beginning to thaw and, very soon, Dawn and I will be welcoming our cubs into the world."

His smile brightened as he looked out at his comrades again, keen to share his joy with them, as was evident in the merry sweep of his tail. "We will not be the only parents," he continued, fixing the tawny newcomer with a warm gaze, "as Grezig, too, will have her litter here. I'm sure you will all do your best to make her feel at home." Although still feeling the weight of his concern over Reiko and her friends, their fallen pack, the last thing that he wanted to do was place judgement on the shoulders of an expectant mother. Artyom wished for Grezig's pregnancy to go as smoothly as possible, and for his pack to support her through it.

And they would, he felt. They were not a large group as they'd been in the beginnibg, but those who remained made it close one. All cubs born to them would be nothing but blessings.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I guess I'll never know why sparrows love the snow. - by Artyom - March 10, 2020, 03:10 PM