Sequoia Coast You used to be thirsty for me
Dexamene
The siren emerged from the embrace of the Sea, alive once again.

She had been following the coast south for days, and every morning she submerged herself in the ocean at daybreak with the whispered oath of the Sirensong clan. Those of the Cove no longer followed the old ways, but those who had dispersed before the dangerous changes came still knew their place in the world. Thetis Nereides had been one of those, and had taught her daughters well. They still believed they were born of Sea and Moon, with the bodies of mother and consort as nothing but vessels.

Dexamene had been born in this way, too, in the isolated whelping cove of Aegean Sound. She had been baptised in the Sea, brought into Her embrace, and had been marked by the vessel's teeth beneath the light of the Moon. The small mark, directly between her shoulder blades and shared by all of her sisters from the Sound, had long faded with age. There was nary a scar left, but she knew the Moon's essence had touched her and seeped into her through it.

She lowered herself in the ocean waters so only the top of her snout, her eyes, and ears were above the undulating waves. The scent of salt calmed her, and Dexamene breathed in deeply, rejoicing in her Mother's spirit.
Messages In This Thread
You used to be thirsty for me - by Dexamene - August 20, 2014, 02:46 PM
RE: You used to be thirsty for me - by Raven Vyler - August 20, 2014, 11:02 PM
RE: You used to be thirsty for me - by Shadow - August 20, 2014, 11:23 PM
RE: You used to be thirsty for me - by Dexamene - August 21, 2014, 12:48 AM
RE: You used to be thirsty for me - by Raven Vyler - August 21, 2014, 01:03 AM
RE: You used to be thirsty for me - by Shadow - August 21, 2014, 02:31 AM
RE: You used to be thirsty for me - by Dexamene - August 21, 2014, 08:39 AM
RE: You used to be thirsty for me - by Raven Vyler - August 21, 2014, 04:44 PM
RE: You used to be thirsty for me - by Shadow - August 21, 2014, 06:23 PM
RE: You used to be thirsty for me - by Dexamene - August 23, 2014, 11:58 AM
RE: You used to be thirsty for me - by Raven Vyler - August 23, 2014, 01:49 PM