Sun Mote Copse What up, I'm Jared, I'm 19, and I never f*cking learned how to read
82 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Referencing mama's note on development log: - Pups will be allowed out of the den around April 27-28. Before this time, Niamh will pick them up and bring them back in. She feels strongly that until they can see and hear well, they should stay within the den. Anyone who is welcome near the den is welcome to join! Tags for reference :)

Quetzal woke up pretty early today. It was rare that she ever woke up before Alyx or Rosie, but today that just seemed to be the way the cookie crumbled (or, they could have woken up earlier and just been napping now... Q slept like the dead, so she would never know). Once again after blinking the sleep from her eyes, Quetzal, whose right ear was thus far still flopped over (the other had pricked right up a few days ago), surveyed the den. 

It was totally quiet. 

Which meant it was a good time to do whatever the heck she wanted. She always got closest to victory when mom, or dad, was asleep. She never succeeded entirely of course; by the fifth or sixth time, Niamh was much too clever to not realize her tasmanian devil of a daughter had again attempted her great escape. 

Q nosed @Alyx. Whether her sister liked it or not, Q liked to engage her in these ventures. She wouldn't admit it to anyone, but it was too scary an endeavor to do 100% alone. Even if Alyx didn't wake up, it still gave her mind a comfort to know that if anything happened to her Alyx would know. Not actually, but that was baby-brain logic. It just made sense. She couldn't wake Rosie (@Primrose); he wouldn't be happy that she did anything that 'upset' mom, because it upset him too she thought. 

Rosie was important to her someway, somehow... but he always cried, and that just wouldn't vibe on her escape mission. 

Q then waddled toward the entrance quiet as a mouse (likely not as quiet though). Slowly but surely she made her way up... and out... and was not, immediately, brought down again. Q squinted around at nature; it was a cloudy day, but still far brighter than the den. Her head popped out at first, and as nature stirred her floppy ear pitched upward too as she better listened to the world around her. Then she army-crawled the rest of her little body out, still laying as she looked all around. 

A distant howl captured her attention. Q was now seated, and though she could not interpret the cry Q mimicked it in a little wooooooooooo,. Her tail waved as she listened to the howl; the wolf had much more lung capacity than her, but was still calling. Woowooowoooooo! She answered, not that they would hear her. 

But anyone near the den would. Q had already forgotten that her mission was meant to be covert.
Messages In This Thread
What up, I'm Jared, I'm 19, and I never f*cking learned how to read - by Quetzal - May 05, 2020, 08:08 AM