Overture Downs soft light
30 Posts
Ooc — mix
Journey's focus had shifted wholly away from the bison and onto the stranger before her. The male was rather intimidating up close, she thought, with his bulk and his scars, but she thought he had kind eyes. (She was keen on thinking this of just about anyone; she had not yet met someone without kind eyes, even if she was aware of their theoretical existance.) Still, she pressed herself back against the tree to give the other plenty of space, more out of respect than actual fear.

"Oh, yes," she agreed, keeping her voice low so as not to further disturb the beasts. "They're far too big for me to hunt by myself — or even with you! I was just watching. I've heard stories before, but never seen them myself until today."

It seemed unnatural (and unwise) to turn her back on her new treemate, but the call of the scenery was too loud to be ignored. She wiggled back under the fallen tree to gaze out at the bison on the ghostly plains once more, her tail wagging rather frantically in the air. What she really wanted was to roll in one of those dry, grassy bison patties, but she was wary of venturing out from beneath her cover.

"It almost doesn't seem real," she sighed, sounding quite in love with the world. "It's like being transported to another world." Like that moment in Jurassic Park, where they see the big long neck dinosaurs crossing the plains for the first time and the music swells and everything is just like whoa all of the sudden.
Messages In This Thread
soft light - by Journey - May 27, 2020, 01:42 AM
RE: soft light - by Renard - May 28, 2020, 08:09 PM
RE: soft light - by Journey - May 29, 2020, 09:07 PM
RE: soft light - by Renard - May 29, 2020, 11:11 PM
RE: soft light - by Journey - June 10, 2020, 03:34 AM
RE: soft light - by Renard - June 11, 2020, 12:44 AM
RE: soft light - by Journey - June 25, 2020, 12:48 PM
RE: soft light - by Renard - June 27, 2020, 11:25 PM