Sawtooth Spire racing in my mind, doing 100 in a 60
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star had no way to prepare for any reaction of a child, but the one that came was perhaps what she was most unprepared for. The girl turned, eyes glued to the earth and flora as she made her way for the old woman... and embraced her suddenly, causing her eyes to widen with surprise. Should she wrap an arm around? Did Phaedra intend to embrace Star... or did she need comfort from anyone avaliable? The old woman lowered her chin slightly to touch the darling girl gently atop her head, the best form of comfort she could muster. Not the counselor type, nor ever a mother- and so unaware what to do in this case. 

Ears canted forward when Phaedra spoke her little words, mumbling about breakfast, about you or Thade, about an injury. Star finally realized she was being mistaken for Wylla. Did this kid have something in her eye? She would not pull away... but she was lost for words here, feeling very uncomfortable with the closeness. Was this what motherhood was going to be like? Uh oh. 

Deep breath pulling at her fur as the girl whispered to herself; all the while Star waited patiently, her only provided comfort the touch of her chin and a listening ear. Finally the princess pulled away to eye Star, soon breaking into a sudden sob. The old woman stiffened uncomfortably, before slicing away at her boundaries and leaning towards the crying girl, voice gentle in tone. Shh, shh, Phaedra, what's all this about? I'm sure Thade and your mother just went for a walk, they'll be back soon. She couldn't be more wrong about that.

Are you hurting? Do you... do you need medical aid? Or, um, @Stag ? She questioned awkwardly, only really knowing the babysitter from Wylla's recommendation. She wouldn't mind calling him, but... could her needs be met so simply? That embrace was strange, and somehow the old woman felt there was more trouble here than an empty stomach or a limping leg, though she wished to solve these problems if she could.
Messages In This Thread
racing in my mind, doing 100 in a 60 - by Phaedra - June 10, 2020, 08:53 PM
RE: racing in my mind, doing 100 in a 60 - by RIP Star - June 10, 2020, 11:36 PM
RE: racing in my mind, doing 100 in a 60 - by Phaedra - June 12, 2020, 03:11 AM
RE: racing in my mind, doing 100 in a 60 - by RIP Star - June 15, 2020, 09:16 PM
RE: racing in my mind, doing 100 in a 60 - by Stag - June 15, 2020, 09:25 PM
RE: racing in my mind, doing 100 in a 60 - by Phaedra - July 07, 2020, 03:13 AM
RE: racing in my mind, doing 100 in a 60 - by Stag - August 07, 2020, 08:26 AM