Northstar Vale Once More With Feeling
57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
It was difficult for Hime to listen as this man denounced her sister. He had the same ire for the Emperor, a stronger sense of righteous indignation when his attention shifted to the man, but to see the flash of aggravation flare within the guardian made Hime immediately regret her choice to confide in him. This particular guardian had denounced her sister and she'd put that aside, briefly, in favor of how he had presented himself at the meeting. She had wondered how strong his defiance would prove to be, and if it could be utilized in favour of her own aims. If she could somehow cauterize the parts of him that had grown to distrust Reiko, he would be a great asset. This moment required temperance and a semblance of faith in her fellow empyrean, peasant that he may be now, and Hime was losing interest quickly.

My sister has been tainted by her husband, that much I concede, she offered. A frown creased her face. I understand your reluctance to render aid for her. Instead, aid me. If Takeshi remains as our emperor then he will further spoil my sister, and in time their children, and for the betterment of the empire we must not allow that to happen. But Hime would not beg him for anything either. If he refused his role in this - as protector, as guardian, as her eyes and ears in places where Hime could not always be present - then he was truly nothing to her. A mere peasant felled by poor attitude and circumstance.

His obsession may cost us our home. It may cost me my sister. Quiet as she was as Hime carefully murmured her fears, she felt the words turn thick upon her tongue, as if they may choke her. She was silent after, swallowing the emotion that threatened to unravel her.
Messages In This Thread
Once More With Feeling - by Collision - June 12, 2020, 10:49 PM
RE: Once More With Feeling - by Hime - June 15, 2020, 09:04 PM
RE: Once More With Feeling - by Collision - June 17, 2020, 08:50 AM
RE: Once More With Feeling - by Hime - June 28, 2020, 04:09 PM
RE: Once More With Feeling - by Collision - June 28, 2020, 07:49 PM
RE: Once More With Feeling - by Hime - July 04, 2020, 10:46 AM