Stone Circle I'm so used to letting go
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Oryx had done what she could for Arlette, at least in the meantime...And she was aware that there would be no miracle cure to help her. Her wounds were worrisome, but more concerning yet was the nature of her loss, and the wounds that could not be treated with herbal remedies. She could do what she could to let Arlette rest, and to hopefully sleep without the torment of dreams- but there were no medicines that could staunch the bleeding of her soul. 

She felt compelled to stay near the area, should Arlette request something for pain or sleep- but she would not hover. She knew that there were other wolves that would better aid Arlette in her grief, and assumed that she would not want to have a near-stranger constantly worrying about her. But when called away, she left her new station and roved reluctantly toward the stone circle- drawing closer to it now than she ever had before, and she felt the fur prickle along the back of her neck. She'd noticed the odd shape before- but had never realized that it had been created by three separate stones. There was no way such a thing had come to be naturally, right? There was something in the air, in the closeness; like a pulse of electricity waiting to strike out, that made her nervous. And come to find out, of course, that Nanook's body would be laid to rest beneath the suspended stone...No wonder this place made Oryx feel ill at ease- it was likely haunted. 

She forced herself to be present, though, and did her best to keep her gaze on the ground. She had no words to say- she'd known neither of the wolves who'd given their lives to protect the pack, and she had no words that could console those who had lost them. She couldn't bring herself to look at Siarut...The only figures that she felt might also feel as out of place as her would be Oiseaux, the timid but friendly male she'd met, and another fellow- a somewhat ungainly creature with large ears and strikingly golden eyes- who looked both miserable and uncomfortable too. 

Valette spoke beautifully, despite how difficult it must have been. She was struck particularly about the mention of Nanook having reached redemption- how she'd found a purpose in life...And she felt sad that fate had chosen to take her away so soon, leaving behind a widower and a new litter of puppies. The way Valette described her made Oryx pine for the woman she now wished that she'd been able to meet, and grieve for those who had lost someone they had cherished.
Messages In This Thread
I'm so used to letting go - by RIP Valette - June 18, 2020, 03:40 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Siarut - June 19, 2020, 12:41 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Charles - June 19, 2020, 01:51 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Laurel - June 19, 2020, 01:54 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Oryx - June 19, 2020, 03:05 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Oiseaux - June 20, 2020, 12:01 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by West Tyree - June 20, 2020, 12:22 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Ikiaq - June 21, 2020, 10:49 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Leta - June 22, 2020, 08:33 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Greyback - June 22, 2020, 01:35 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Xan - June 28, 2020, 03:26 PM