Emberwood I got years of livin' by and how I choose
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

As impressive and lovely a sight as the vista was, she easily turned away from it when Kincaid settled and began to speak prophetically. She felt, in that moment (and in several moments prior, though unrecognized) that her soul resonated with his — a traveler’s spirit. a nomad’s heart. a lover of things that are different. a person who contemplated things, and what it all meant. She liked the way that he didn’t question her sadness or try to comfort her. It was clear that he felt it too, and that made his advice all the more valuable to her.

She listened raptly, feathered ears turned towards him to capture every word. She even settled her narrow hips along the ground beside him, staying upright in a proper seated position. Her forelegs and paws nestled together beneath her, propping up her breastbone upon stilted legs and giving her a proud, leonine stance.
“I know you’re right." Eleuthera admitted, a sweet look coming over her visage because when he said it, it really felt like everything was going to be okay.

Eleuthera was not a simple woman, however, and her melancholy was not solely related to the disappearance of the wolves she knew, and the incoming presence of new others. It was a little bit deeper than that.
“It’s a little bit comforting, knowing that everything will always change," she admitted looking down at him, for once. “I guess I just like to be in control of the change. My terms, you know?" She figured that he inherently did know this, as he seemed to inherently understand a lot about her. It felt so nice, to be seen and listened to and valued.

The woman tore her gaze from him, and placed it back on the miles and miles and miles of earthcrust in front of her.
“I know it’s a fools errand, to ever hope for that," she spoke, her words exiting her mouth and lingering in the nothingness before fading away seconds later.“But isn’t that at least a small part of why wolves like us travel?"
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
I got years of livin' by and how I choose - by Kincaid - July 18, 2020, 02:54 AM
RE: I got years of livin' by and how I choose - by Eleuthera - July 22, 2020, 03:38 AM