Neverwinter Forest Hold on to me, never let me go.
81 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
"I like your spots," came the very unexpected compliment from her newest acquaintance, one that her ears lifted atop her rosy crown. She blinked her blue-green eyes and remained quiet as she considered the words, then shifted her weight to study her own pelage.

Soft, peachy hues. The russet blended into the alabaster of her hindquarters and her tail, still scruffy with baby furs, was as pallid as her backside. She could not see the intricacy of her body's own patterning, but took note of a number of darker markings that littered here and there - likely the spots that Lili referred to.

Lies!

The koi looked away from herself, suddenly ashamed of these blemishes that had drawn others' attention, no matter how "pretty" they suggested she might be. Her mother and siblings didn't share her colours, her irregular patches, and thus she was different.

She didn't want to be different.

Sadness crept it's way into her bones but, ever polite, Luli sent her new companion a watery little smile. Her eyes were glassy with the threat of tears, but none came. "Thank you," she said meekly, eager then to escape this social awkwardness, "you... you are, too." She gathered herself then, and moved off to be alone with the excuse that her mother was expacting her someplace.
Messages In This Thread
Hold on to me, never let me go. - by Luli - August 02, 2020, 05:55 AM
RE: Hold on to me, never let me go. - by Liliana - August 02, 2020, 08:43 AM
RE: Hold on to me, never let me go. - by Luli - August 11, 2020, 03:43 AM
RE: Hold on to me, never let me go. - by Liliana - August 11, 2020, 09:00 PM
RE: Hold on to me, never let me go. - by Luli - August 14, 2020, 05:25 AM
RE: Hold on to me, never let me go. - by Liliana - August 15, 2020, 08:17 AM
RE: Hold on to me, never let me go. - by Luli - August 25, 2020, 04:13 AM