Hushed Willows I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home.
141 Posts
Ooc —
Editing to accommodate Leu as I shadow posted, derp!

Sundance's call tapered, delivered smoothly onto the wind, and the sterling youth lowered his snowy muzzle to blink curiously into the woods before him. He felt the stirring of excited anticipation as his pale eyes followed the gentle sway of willow branches, enough to overcome the anxiety that had made his mind swim in recent days.

He'd always tried to be a positive creature, keen to bypass negativity and look for only good in the world. It was difficult, sometimes, to put himself first, but in this instance it felt necessary. For so long, Sundance did his best to locate the wayward @Dorea - a girl he'd naïvely thought to be The One. For more than half a year, for the entirety of his adult life, he'd dedicated every effort into tracking her. In the end, despite a very real fear of letting go, he was forced to acknowledge that it was almost impossible to locate someone who didn't want to be found.

He missed her, of course. He would turn focus elsewhere, but he would always miss her, until the time might come when she would be ready to see him again.

Whenever that may be.

The appearance of a she-wolf, unknown to him, brought the druid's platinum ears forward. He averted his gaze at once, cast it downward as he swept himself low in a respectful bow. "And to you," he answered silkily in response to the other yearling's pleasant greeting. "My name is Sundance. I was born here, to Elysium." Not really, but he was not to know of his mother's traumatic whelping at the heart of their neighbouring Emberwood. His childhood belonged among the willows. 

The young Shakti parted his jaws in preparation to speak again, to tentatively ask that question whose answer he was oddly afraid to hear, when another she-wolf ventured from between the weepig foliage. Sundance averted his pale gaze to look upon this lilac faerie for only a moment, a silent acknowledgement, before he respectfully glanced downward again. "Is... anyone from my pack still here?"
Messages In This Thread
I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home. - by Sundance - August 02, 2020, 07:54 AM
RE: I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home - by Lumiya - August 02, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home - by Sundance - August 02, 2020, 02:15 PM
RE: I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home - by Lumiya - August 02, 2020, 06:36 PM