Hushed Willows Stranded Lullaby
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Lumiya, he began, shaking his head and smiling at her sadly before she'd even fnished her last sentence. You are the queen, and you do, to some extent, have responsibilities over your faeries. But you can't expect yourself to be able to see into their souls, it's not fair to you or to them. His brow furrowed with concern and jaw shifting slightly as he thought, Dante's eyes flickered over the wisp, trying to figure out how to express what exactly he was trying to say. She couldn't have just known what Orlaith was feeling, and the woman had never seemed the type to bare her heart to others. She'd had an iron guard around her, in ways similar to the one Dante was certain Lumiya had carried around her own heart and secrets for a very long time. 

It's like...It's like, some people's hearts are like water, you know? Like, you can expect yourself to be able to see through water, there's an ease in understanding what they're feeling. Others aren't so easy- they've got stone around them. I think... I think we can't allow ourselves to believe we have the power to crack through anyone's walls. I think they have to lower them down themselves, he trailed off into something faint and thoughtful, his eyes blinking shut for a slow moment. I think you had walls, too. And even when people cared for you, or were kind or thoughtful, you couldn't lower those. It took, a fond look played over his features, It took a very certain connection for you to be able to do that. Maybe it's the same for Orlaith, and you're just not the person to give her that connection. You can't fault yourself for that, he finished with a hum, gaze flitting over her odd one once again before he tried to bury himself back into the fur of her neck, hoping his words might have reached the girl the way he meant them to.
 [/font]

Messages In This Thread
Stranded Lullaby - by Lumiya - August 05, 2020, 10:10 PM
RE: Stranded Lullaby - by Dante - August 05, 2020, 11:40 PM
RE: Stranded Lullaby - by Lumiya - August 10, 2020, 08:49 AM
RE: Stranded Lullaby - by Dante - August 11, 2020, 09:04 PM
RE: Stranded Lullaby - by Lumiya - August 15, 2020, 12:56 PM
RE: Stranded Lullaby - by Dante - August 20, 2020, 06:25 PM
RE: Stranded Lullaby - by Lumiya - September 08, 2020, 03:53 PM
RE: Stranded Lullaby - by Dante - September 13, 2020, 03:18 PM
RE: Stranded Lullaby - by Lumiya - October 15, 2020, 12:42 PM
RE: Stranded Lullaby - by Dante - October 17, 2020, 01:36 PM