Nova Peak If you must weep, do it right here in my bed as I sleep
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
It wasn't that running away was Star's ideal path of action, but rather choices always depended on circumstance, and theirs was, at present, one of vulnerability. And she agreed with Wylla, nodding- the land they had come from was worth little. The biggest thing they had left behind was not the Sawtooth itself, or Phaedra's garden, but rather the boy, Thade. That was the largest sacrifice made in moving. She did not wish to think of him as a 'sacrifice', but it came down to numbers- Sagtannet was not willing to risk the lives of six children by fighting for land, to hold onto some hope that the lost Thade still remained in that place. 

The ground turned to soft grasses that reminded her of life in the southern valley, but she swept the nostalgia away as Wylla spoke once more. She chuckled, I said the same thing to Mahler earlier. I think the children will be a lot safer here. Like a suburban mother, Star was always shopping nowadays for the best neighborhood for her kids, and so far this seemed to be it. Marble loves travelling from what I can tell, so she enjoyed it, but she's probably exhausted by now... Calcifer is tired too, but it's harder to tell how he feels about the move. Unfortunately she couldn't exactly ask him, considering they were only at the age of babbling. What about Phaedra? How is she doing?
Messages In This Thread
RE: If you must weep, do it right here in my bed as I sleep - by RIP Star - August 06, 2020, 09:17 PM