Sunset Valley II
Stag’s assertion that their sister was immovable did not surprise Ego in the least. No part of him even thought to argue the point; He just accepted it as fact. Just us, then, he declared, punctuating with a curt nod. There was hope for Simmik, he would continue to believe, but the First of them had made up his mind, and the Fourth was inclined to follow.

It helped that he felt guilty for more things than he ever cared to admit to. Even his brother’s emphatic refusal to place fault on him did not immediately begin to lift any weight from his shoulders. It only confirmed to the yearling, that Stag didn’t understand. And how could he, when he didn’t know the whole truth? That it wasn’t just an accident...

That Ego had been frustrated, and petulant enough to run towards that moose on purpose, hoping their father would get hurt.  

If Stag knew this, then he wouldn’t have said that.

The naturally resolute Sandraudiga felt the sensation, unfamiliar to him, of a fork developing on the path of decisions before him. Where there typically lie only a single direction in which to travel, there were now two distinct ways. One way seemed to be the choice to admit, right then and there, that he had realized Stigmata was tired that day, and had intentionally driven him to harm, which turned out to be unforeseeably fatal. This was the choice to trust his brother would repeat his answer about them just being kids, and that he felt no differently on the matter.

The other way — and ultimately the path that Ego took — was the decision to merely bow his head in gratitude, and pretend as if Stag already knew all these things that he could not possibly know. This was the choice to believe he was absolved without all the details. It was less painful than the first; And one made because he wanted so desperately to be loved by his family, if no one else.  

He remembered the disgust on Martyr’s face when he had opened up to her about it, and how coldly she had treated him thereafter. Though he assumed that interaction had steeled him to similar situations in the future, he realized now that it had only traumatized him further. Turned him into someone who would even lie to his family.

Morals eroding, he pined for closeness. I am too, he answered quietly. Now, please, I beg of you, take me to see our mother.

i'm just gonna go ahead and say this is present-dated, so we can have a less-outdated reunion at sag LMAO my bad
Messages In This Thread
II - by Ego - August 29, 2020, 02:05 PM
RE: II - by Stag - August 29, 2020, 02:13 PM
RE: II - by Ego - August 29, 2020, 03:41 PM
RE: II - by Stag - August 31, 2020, 10:41 AM
RE: II - by Ego - August 31, 2020, 12:30 PM
RE: II - by Stag - August 31, 2020, 12:46 PM
RE: II - by Ego - August 31, 2020, 07:14 PM
RE: II - by Stag - September 01, 2020, 01:39 PM
RE: II - by Ego - September 03, 2020, 09:53 PM
RE: II - by Stag - September 09, 2020, 10:14 AM
RE: II - by Ego - October 14, 2020, 07:21 PM