Big Salmon Lake it's time we tried to find the sunrise
143 Posts
Ooc —
She greeted him modestly, her words seemed to lack the previous optimism and energy as her remarks before, instead taking a more uncertain, wistful tone. Nonetheless, he made note of her story. Tahoe assumed his question had redirected her thoughts to something she didn't want to dwell on. Tehama's past was similar to his, in a way. He chose to not make the comparison. The event which spontaneously spurred his life into its current direction was the past, and should stay as so. The man had severed all emotions toward his history and viewed them under a more analytical light—memories only served as a reminder to prevent the same events from reoccurring. As for Tehama, he could only speculate what was going on in her head. His mind hung onto the last portion of her statement. 

"I heard the howls of others there and kept moving.  Now I guess I wonder if I ought to have sought them out instead."

He understood better now, she desired the security of a pack. This was a common wish others had expressed to him along his travels. As a former pack member himself, he recognized the benefits of such a grouping. Things were easier when he had someone out to watch his back. Tahoe viewed his current solitude as not a choice, but rather a transitional period in his existence. He was growing accustomed to his surroundings, and once satisfied with his ventures, he'd figure the rest out as it came. Still, despite all his exposure to such mindsets, his suspicious mind could never comprehend such practices. Allowing a mere stranger past your borders would simply diminish the need for them at all. He pulled away from his thoughts as it came time to reply, giving a dip of his head in acknowledgment. 

Life’s better when you spend your time livin’ it instead’a plannin’ it all out. You’ll have no trouble findin’ your way ‘round. He offered casually in advice. Ah. Well, no probl’m findin’ a pack ‘ere, if that’s what ya want. The place is crawlin’ with folks.
[Image: 3mHVCR-I7kLGqw7uPKuGBbUzDw9xLSEZi4v_D18o...uE8HfK.png]
Messages In This Thread
it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tehama - September 18, 2020, 10:59 AM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tahoe - September 19, 2020, 02:06 AM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tehama - September 21, 2020, 10:11 AM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tahoe - September 23, 2020, 12:43 AM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tehama - September 23, 2020, 08:31 PM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tahoe - September 25, 2020, 03:48 PM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tehama - September 25, 2020, 05:48 PM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tahoe - September 27, 2020, 02:05 PM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tehama - October 05, 2020, 01:46 PM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tahoe - October 09, 2020, 07:21 PM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tehama - October 12, 2020, 09:50 AM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tahoe - October 13, 2020, 11:08 PM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tehama - October 19, 2020, 02:16 PM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tahoe - October 21, 2020, 11:43 PM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tehama - October 28, 2020, 09:19 PM
RE: it's time we tried to find the sunrise - by Tahoe - October 31, 2020, 11:54 PM