Noctisardor Bypass Um, do you wanna go to Heaven? 'Cause it's, like, ten bucks to get in.
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
That wasn't the response he wanted at all! He wasn't trying to make Pheiros feel bad about it, he was just trying to bring him in on the joke (the joke that was Warlock himself, apparently). His ears tilted back, mind whirling as he tried to figure out how to undo it somehow. He didn't want Pheiros to feel bad about it. N-no, I mean -- no. It was all my fault before. I'm good at messing things up. That's like--- normal. Or something. His self-esteem wasn't going to win any awards, after all. But that was normal, it colored his view of the world, so he didn't think he was putting himself down more than usual.

Then, as if the world in general wanted to prove a point, Warlock's attentiveness (and also lack thereof) struck again in a much more minor way. He'd been watching Pheiros (and trying to will him to realize it was a joke so he should laugh at War's expense like everyone else), not where he was watching and so he of course stumbled over a rock that his paw hadn't totally cleared. His teeth clicked together forcefully, but he kept moving, pretending that hadn't totally just happened. The warren wasn't gonna be far away by now anyway so he was ok just brushing that right off.