Greatwater Lake i got my ticket for the long way round.
49 Posts
Ooc — Sophie
It was a timeless dance and the two wolves fell into it as easy as breathing.  Eshe's gentle approach was coordinated to not startle the ducks, not until the moment was right.  Tehama's nonchalant wandering further ahead was a carefully laid trail in which she doubled back on her own tracks, pretending to be quite absorbed in sniffing at the cold, hard ground where a smattering of dying grass clung stubbornly to the lakeshore.  The sun shone through the fog over the lake, and the woman knew that as the day broke in earnest, their opportunity for the kill would dissipate along with the mist as the fowl took to their watery refuge.  

Te pawed idly at the little waves lapping at the banks, shuddering faintly at the frigid temperature, studiously ignoring the little family of ducks as they quacked and made any number of raucous sounds, moving amongst the reeds.  Still the old drake huddled down in the tall reed stalks, and when he did move, his motions were stiff and slower than his fellows.  Silently, Tehama issued a prayer to the Great Mother for guidance in the hunt and to thank her for the gift of life-giving food.  It was the creator goddess's will that wolves were carnivores, after all, and the Moonspear wolf tried to honor the life of each animal killed in the hunt.

The tawny woman looked up, her silver gaze glinting with the golden sunlight.  She sought the faraway features of Eshe Frostfur, lifting her tail encouragingly to say that she was ready whenever her hunting companion was.  The petite woman did not outwardly change appearance, but the faintest change in the tautness of her limbs indicated she was poised to pounce when Eshe charged forth.
Messages In This Thread
i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - October 25, 2020, 02:15 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 03, 2020, 10:15 AM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 05, 2020, 01:55 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 05, 2020, 04:06 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 08, 2020, 07:53 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 17, 2020, 05:58 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 23, 2020, 04:19 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - December 08, 2020, 06:34 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - December 12, 2020, 02:54 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - December 17, 2020, 07:24 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - January 11, 2021, 10:46 AM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - January 15, 2021, 05:46 PM