Greatwater Lake i got my ticket for the long way round.
49 Posts
Ooc — Sophie
On cue, Eshe rushed the waterfowl, ushering them towards Tehama.  Her hunting partner's effort was well-coordinated, well-timed.  The birds startled, some taking wing and some fleeing for the safety of the lake's placid surface.  Tehama's jaws snapped as she went for their chosen target, the older drake slower to react, stiff-winged and vulnerable.  Te's teeth grazed his flight feathers and she snapped again at him, lightning fast.  Soon she felt the struggling beat of his wings against her face and heard a distressed sound.  But webbed feet, cold, damp, and stronger than the wolf had anticipated from a elder duck, slapped against her face.  It was so startling and unexpected that the defense had its intended effect.  The Moonspearian's hold loosened infintesimally, and the duck, who had not made it to old age through foolishness or stupidity, took its chance and escaped.

Tehama stood, dumbstruck by this turn of events, as the flock of birds successfully evaded their lady huntresses.  After a moment, all she could do was sink to the ground in a fit of pure laughter at how utterly ridiculous she must have looked.  When her giggling faded enough to see through the tears that welled up in her silver eyes, the woman turned to look at Eshe and she shrugged as if to say well, it was worth a try.

The winter morning was young.  The two females continued along the lakeshore, looking out for further promising hunting prospects...
Messages In This Thread
i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - October 25, 2020, 02:15 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 03, 2020, 10:15 AM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 05, 2020, 01:55 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 05, 2020, 04:06 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 08, 2020, 07:53 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - November 17, 2020, 05:58 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - November 23, 2020, 04:19 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - December 08, 2020, 06:34 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - December 12, 2020, 02:54 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - December 17, 2020, 07:24 PM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Eshe - January 11, 2021, 10:46 AM
RE: i got my ticket for the long way round. - by Tehama - January 15, 2021, 05:46 PM