Hideaway Strath you were never meant to be a tragedy
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein didn't much like speaking of his past but it seemed he and she had a common like past, they were forever changed by the two-legged.

Before he add anything more to the conversation they stood in the maw of the caves and now he knew without a doubt she was bothered by going in. He could not fully understand her fear for his memories of spelunking were only good ones and he enjoyed the thought of being alone with her in the depth’s of the earth, the caves were doubtless warmer then out here.

He looked down and her his eyes softening before looking deep into the cave, What had those two-legs done to her? As he peered into the cave and could not help but curl a lip at the thought of her pain. He wanted to walk back through her past and destroy all those who wronged her.

Instead he yawned and lay down casually, offering her his side, to lay against and his warmth to cuddle into; at least he hope she’s accept his offer. 

His voice rumbled as he both answered her question about his mother and told her his story, His rich voice lending to the story “My Birth pack was in the north far from here we were all white wolves, better to blend into the snow. But that did not save us from the two legs, some how those things took offence to our being alive… My father, Of course the Alpha, decided upon war, We were not to leave, we were there first and we had rights. The two-legs don’t care for nature and didn’t care that they crossed our borders again and again. No matter how often we marked them. Slowly they killed our members one by one, and not even honourably. Those cruel two-legs could attack from afar or when they were no where nearby, they left nasty things that could claim our lives when they were not there to hunt, many died without the honour of being looking their killer in the face.

The wounds created by the two-legs or their trickery were nasty no matter how hard our healers tried, the usual healing did not work. My mother taught me all she knew, which was plenty, and I took it even further, I eventually surpassed even her healing skills.

Vein sighed and smoothed his tongue along his leg feeling the stress of dredging up these memories again, a few minutes would pass before his eyes lifted to stare into the cave distantly his voice would pick up were he left off.

However no matter how good a healer, I became it was never good enough to combat the two-legs poisonous treachery. It was an unwinable war the the Alpha made us fight to the very last of us. All the other’s had fallen to the two-legs and their trickery.

It was just me and the alpha left. One night the alpha got his head caught in a large loop of wire as we hunted a rabbit. The darn thing hopped through the wires untouched, I tried to warn him, but I was to late, the wire pulled taught and no matter what we did the wire pulled tighter and tighter.

He lost his war that night, and the two legs came to collect their reward, they left his head since they too could not free it easily. Perhaps they thought leaving it there would deter any other wolves. Little did they know it was just me left then. So when they left I took the only thing of my pack left to me…. His head… since he had not served his pack in life, he’d serve his pack or what was left of his pack, in death. And that is why I keep his skull, to remind myself not to loose sight of the bigger picture and to give in when the gods are not in your favor.
He drifted off in his story telling and dropped his head on his paws the re-telling of his story taking a lot out of him when he was not distracted but healing. He completely forgot he had not been wearing his portable herb cache when he met her so she’d not know of the wolf skull or the moose skull he had carried with him across the continent.
Messages In This Thread
you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Necahual - February 04, 2021, 03:29 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Vein - February 04, 2021, 05:51 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Necahual - February 04, 2021, 08:13 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Vein - February 05, 2021, 01:28 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Necahual - February 08, 2021, 03:12 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Vein - February 10, 2021, 09:19 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Necahual - February 10, 2021, 10:30 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Vein - February 12, 2021, 10:06 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Necahual - February 13, 2021, 12:25 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Vein - February 13, 2021, 09:19 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Necahual - February 14, 2021, 08:14 AM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Vein - February 14, 2021, 09:16 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Necahual - February 15, 2021, 02:41 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Vein - February 17, 2021, 07:23 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Necahual - February 18, 2021, 12:12 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Vein - February 19, 2021, 10:24 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Necahual - February 19, 2021, 11:37 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Vein - February 25, 2021, 12:22 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Necahual - February 25, 2021, 09:50 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Vein - March 01, 2021, 11:12 PM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Vein - March 05, 2021, 12:10 AM
RE: you were never meant to be a tragedy - by Necahual - March 06, 2021, 12:14 PM