Ouroboros Spine Alas I cannot Swim
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
All Welcome 
For months, he had been travelling along the coastline in spite of the racing winter winds, only to find himself drawn inland when a flash of light caught his attention. In the darkness, it lit up the surroundings so suddenly that he'd had to squint in order to make out the blazing meteor's trajectory. The light faded, and darkness fell back over the land- but for a small spark that framed, momentarily, a lone peak in the distance. Seconds later, a dull rumble- and he knew, then, that the star had fallen. Still etched in his mind was the silhouette of the peak in the distance- and it was there, he assumed the star had landed. Then it was in that direction he would go. 

He moved through an open expanse of what would be grasslands, once the snow melted, girdled on either side by forests. But he was a wolf who had come from mountains and tundra, and had no fear of passing through an open valley. Even the small herd of deer grazing in the distance watched him pass through without startling and running away. He hadn't even spared them a glance- as a lone wolf, he knew better than to waste his energy chasing the sort of prey that required a full hunting party. 

A ridge of smaller mountains stood in his path, and he wouldn't have thought twice about simply crossing through- he was nimblefooted enough that he considered mountains of this size to be little more than a mere jaunt- but he could smell wolves, and spotted what he believed was a scent marker. He sniffed at it, and huffed softly. At this point, he had lost sight of the lone peak he sought- and faced what he believed were the borders of a pack, even if it didn't smell to him as though they had more than a couple guardians. So began to pick his way along the base of the mountain range, hoping he might be able to slinge around the borders, and find his way toward the mountain where he believed he might find the fallen star.
Messages In This Thread
Alas I cannot Swim - by Adrastus - February 20, 2021, 05:11 PM
RE: Alas I cannot Swim - by Sialuk - February 20, 2021, 05:22 PM
RE: Alas I cannot Swim - by Kukutux - February 20, 2021, 05:27 PM
RE: Alas I cannot Swim - by Adrastus - February 20, 2021, 05:45 PM
RE: Alas I cannot Swim - by Sialuk - February 20, 2021, 05:55 PM
RE: Alas I cannot Swim - by Adrastus - February 20, 2021, 06:03 PM
RE: Alas I cannot Swim - by Sialuk - February 21, 2021, 09:01 AM
RE: Alas I cannot Swim - by Adrastus - February 22, 2021, 07:45 PM
RE: Alas I cannot Swim - by Sialuk - February 22, 2021, 08:34 PM
RE: Alas I cannot Swim - by Adrastus - February 22, 2021, 11:03 PM
RE: Alas I cannot Swim - by Sialuk - February 23, 2021, 12:48 PM