Moonsong Glacier i. i'll wrap up my bones
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 

Through grasslands and alongside mountains the yearling -- nearly able to claim a second turn of the seasons now -- had trekked. Eyes of spring had drunk in all that the land had to offer, though it was muted and bound by the restrictions of winter's frigid breath as of yet -- searching, waiting for the revival the change of the seasons would bring. Alone though she was, the dove managed well enough. Occasionally, an opportunity to scavenge the remains of some frozen creature or another beast's kill presented itself to her but more oft than not, the herbalist resorted to trapping her meals. She found the loneliness the hardest aspect of her journey to deal with, however, not the hunger. Hers was a social species and the communal clan of creative souls she'd been raised in had been the only haven she had ever known. It was disarming and jolting to be so alone, to lack even the sight or sound of other living creatures around her -- having only the songs of birds to keep her company.

Morning was giving way to midday when the she-wolf found her way to the glacier, its blue ice base a deep well of azure -- as brilliant as the sky must be where it was hidden by the cover of clouds overhead. Lótë could only imagine what the monolith of crystalline ice might look like lit by the sun's beams -- wondering if perhaps it merely glowed like the depths of a tropical lagoon or glinted like the facets of a blue topaz. There were natural divots and chunks in the ice that she used to her climb up onto the cold plateau, inwardly grateful that the ice seemed rather solid due to the low temperatures.

Once the vagabond had hauled herself up onto the ice, she ambled along at a slow pace -- allowing her verdant optics to trail in a similarly leisurely pattern, absorbing the ice fields before her. She drank in the sight of the snow being blown lightly across the frozen cliffs and summits, feeling a small pang in her heart for how much it resembled her home. The girl was in no hurry as she admired the glacial setting with newfound hiraeth, not particularly having any plans in mind of where she would go after this -- just living in the moment, enjoying this small discovery.
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
i. i'll wrap up my bones - by Lótë - February 21, 2021, 08:56 PM
RE: i. i'll wrap up my bones - by Sialuk - February 21, 2021, 09:08 PM
RE: i. i'll wrap up my bones - by Lótë - February 22, 2021, 09:28 PM
RE: i. i'll wrap up my bones - by Sialuk - February 22, 2021, 09:42 PM
RE: i. i'll wrap up my bones - by Lótë - February 23, 2021, 02:07 PM
RE: i. i'll wrap up my bones - by Sialuk - February 23, 2021, 07:55 PM
RE: i. i'll wrap up my bones - by Lótë - February 23, 2021, 08:15 PM
RE: i. i'll wrap up my bones - by Sialuk - February 24, 2021, 09:05 PM