Hideaway Strath looks like I strayed to the arms that were open
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
gonna go ahead and move this along since Vein has almost reached 120 posts (whoop!). Malia has given OOC permission so even if you're busy, Malia, and don't get an opportunity to hop in, hopefully IC permission from Nyra would be fine? If not, then feel free to join in with Ky at any time. :)

The selkie's mercury gaze lit up as Nyra materialized before her, a ghostly wraith of glacial proportions -- a winter woman of her own right if not for the pools of sunshine that shone in her handsome face. "Nyra!" she chirped eagerly, tail swaying as she padded up to the woman and bopped her strawberry nose against the taller Phoenix's chin in submission. Afterwards, the ivory doe settled on her haunches, quick to reassure the shieldmaiden with a hasty: "Oh yes, I vas just 'oping to speak vith ye or maybe Donav -- Kynareth -- or both."

"Firstly, though, let me say congrats on ze news! I 'ave 'eard yer little ones vill be amongst those we are velcoming to ze Saints this spring," Aerin smiled, the swish of her bottlebrush plume increasing its tempo just so with the joy of such an occasion. Truly, the midwife was beyond happy to see that their pack would be growing with multiple litters -- a sign of how prosperous the Sainthood had become. "I vould be more than 'appy to 'elp in any vay that I can if'n ye need anything -- whether it is advice or a midvife to examine ye, or 'elp vith the delivery. I also vork as a nurse if'n ye vill be vanting any 'elp caring fer ze babes afterwards," she offered genuinely, knowing it could be harder on mothers who did not have a mate or family to help them. It was the duty of the pack to assist in providing for the mother and younglings; Aerin didn't mind helping if needed. Besides, who could say no to the opportunity of watching sweet puppies? 

"But today I vas actually 'oping to speak vith ye about...vell, about ze possibility of starting my own family," the botanist demurred, tones and auds dipping shyly as she said it. "I 'ave been courted by one of ze males 'ere: Vein. An' I think vhen my 'eat comes," she faltered slightly, the blossom of rosepetal pink flushing her cheeks beneath pale fur, "'e might vant to lie together an' try to bring our own children into ze vorld." 

"But we vould only do so vith the permission of our superiors, of course," Aerin promised. "I vould not vant to go against ye and Kynareth but I must admit...I do long very much to be a mother again." 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
RE: looks like I strayed to the arms that were open - by Necahual - March 18, 2021, 03:39 PM